Buying a buy to let property
Are you looking at purchasing a buy to let property and renting to tenants? We help many investors with finding the perfect mortgage deal which should result in a good return on investment.
Investing in anything can be tricky, so ensure you know the risks involved.
How much can you borrow?
Most of the time you will need a minimum of 25% deposit. You are likely to need to own your own home first. Like other types of mortgage, you will also need a good credit rating with little to no debts.
When applying for a buy to let mortgage you will need to tell us about:
- Your monthly income
- Your rough monthly expenditure
- Any loans or unpaid credit cards
- Any other debts, if any
We’ll then compare the whole of the market to find a product which will be suitable for you. We’ll also explain any hidden costs or fees involved.
During your appointment
During your appointment our mortgage advisors will chat to you about the mortgage process. The general steps are as follows:
- Provide a few financial details and our broker will compare the whole of market to find out how much you could potentially borrow
- They will look at a variety of deals to find one of the best which works for you. They’ll also provide examples and explain why these are some of the best deals.
- If the deal works for you then you will get a decision in principle. This is a certificate which states a mortgage lender should be able to lend you the money, although in rare circumstances this can change. You can use this decision in principle to make offers on properties with estate agents.
- Once your offer is accepted our advisors can handle almost all of the paperwork for you
Get advice now
Use the form below to ask any questions and find one of the best mortgage deals for you. Alternatively, visit our contact page. We have a mortgage broker in Wolverhampton, Coventry, Birmingham and other West Midlands cities.